Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Texans Can Academies (TCA) provides students the opportunity to bring a personal electronic device to school for instructional use. This opportunity is optional and at the discretion of the student’s parent(s) / guardian(s). TCA is not responsible for lost, loaned, damaged, or stolen devices. A student shall follow campus expectations on when to access personal devices for on-campus instructional purposes. Students will be expected to connect to the district’s secure and monitored wireless network to ensure access to the best online resources. The student shall also acknowledge receipt and understanding of applicable policy and guidelines and shall sign the appropriate user agreements. Students in violation of policy or school expectations shall be subject to confiscation of the device and other disciplinary consequences in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Students may not use devices (including cameras) to record, transmit or post-photographic images or video of a person, or persons on campus or during school related activities for non-instructional purposes.
- School leaders may develop campus expectations, in accordance with district policy and guidelines, in order to meet specific campus priorities, goals, and technology infrastructures.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own device: setup, maintenance, and charging.
- District employees are not required/permitted to store, diagnose, repair, or work on a student’s personal device.
- Use or possession of personal devices will not be permitted during administration of any state assessment. Violations shall be subject to confiscation of the device and other disciplinary consequences in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct. A student who violates this policy may have his or her test results invalidated.