Some quick Teacher info related to Google Classroom for Texans Can
- All teachers are automatically setup in Google Classroom as Teachers
- Google Classroom can be accessed by going to https:// classroom.google.com and using your Texans Can e-mail to sign-in.
- Teachers must setup their Google Classroom and send invites to their students. via e-mails to the class using the student’s Texans Can provided Gmail address.
- Once a student is added/invited to a class, the student will receive a registration e-mail with a button to enroll and/or a registration code for the class.
- The student must go to Google Classroom and sign in with their Texans Can provided Gmail account.
- The student must enroll by selecting the class from the list of class tiles in their classroom portal or must enroll using a e-mail link or class code as provided in the e-mail they received.
- All students have Google accounts automatically created after enrolling.
All you need is a computer or a cellphone with Internet access. Apple iPhone and Android phone versions of the GSuite applications (Meet, Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, Google Classroom, etc.)
Google Classroom info:
Google Classroom Getting Started video:
Student Perspective Guide for reference: Click Here
What you need to know about Texans Can Student Google Account / Gmail information
Students must use their Texans Can provide accounts in order to use Google Classroom and to access e-mails and notifications related to Google classroom enrollments and work or instructor communication. The students must be notified that they have a Texans Can Google account and that they should use their Texans Can Gmail for communication. Below is information
1. Student accounts are automatically created upon creation of a Texans Can network account.
2. Students can login to Google Classroom and Gmail using the following account syntax:
‘StudentIDfirstname.lastname@example.org’. (ex: email@example.com).
Password is the same as their computer login password, which is their Birthday in mmddyyyy format.
** StudentID# must be 6 digits, so add a preceding zero as needed to make it 6 digits ex: 12345 would be 012345.
3. Students can access their e-mail for communications and classroom enrollment information by going to https:// gmail.com from any web browser.
4. Students can access their Google Classroom by going to https://classroom.google.com from any web browser
5. If using a Smartphone, Students can also install Google Classroom, Gmail, and Google Drive from the appropriate apps store (Apple App Store or Google Play Store).
NOTE: We are automatically creating a report for each campus that provides a list of active students and their Texans Can assigned Gmail address / Google account. This report is generated every Sunday evening and is sent to the campus Principal